With constant development of network devices, a wide range of different features and the challenges they need to withstand, servers offer the possibility of great performance, with strong processors, large hard drive space and plenty of PCIe slots. Whether the server is needed for mail, file server, virtualization, print server, web, how many users will use the server, which operating system will be used, for what it is specifically needed, compatible hardware is chosen. Whether the server will go to a room designated for that or whether the server will be kept somewhere else, we need to provide the right conditions. If the server is running 24/7 we need to pay attention to redundancy if we want our work to continue running. If we need to access the server remote, security should be provided to prevent unauthorized intrusion. If your business is going to expand in the future scalability should also be kept in mind.
The following things should be taken into consideration:
- What is the server for: mail, web, print, ftp, database, other?
- The number of users that will be using the server
- Operating system
- Will virtualization be required?
- Will remote access be required?
- Will it need redundancy in case the server fails?
- Are you considering expanding your business in the future?
- Is there a specific manufacture?
- Are there certain server dimension because of space?
Cisco offers servers with various features that can meet even the most demanding tasks, such as UCS C, B and E series. There are also HP, Lenovo, Dell, Fujitsu and other high – quality servers, with our help we will provide you the best possible solution for your business.